- 1 Related Posts
- 2 How to clean a burnt pot or Pan in just 3 steps
- 3 How to Archive Amazon Orders in 5 Seconds
- 4 How to Hide Orders on Amazon Using PC/Mac/iOS/Android In 5 Seconds
- 5 How to Close Apps on iPhone 13 in 5 Seconds
- 6 Before deleting your Instagram account, save your Instagram data
- 7 How to permanently delete Instagram account
- 8 How to disable/delete an Instagram account temporally
- 9 How to recover your Instagram account after deletion
How to Permanently/Temporally Delete Instagram Account. Anyway, there will come a time when you will want to disconnect from your social media platforms permanently or temporally. People are deleting their social media accounts in greater numbers than ever before in order to live a life free of online culture. Whether you’re trying to protect your future job prospects by deleting your social media accounts or simply want to reach for your phone less, deleting your social media accounts could help you live a healthier life.
Permanently or temporally deleting your Instagram account may appear to be a big step, but it’s simple to do if you’re ready to be free of your profile and have more free time. Let’s look at how to permanently delete your Instagram account.
Before deleting your Instagram account, save your Instagram data
It’s a good idea to back up your Instagram data before acting out of frustration or deciding to delete your Instagram account permanently. You won’t be able to add it back later, and you’ll lose access to important photos, interactions, and friends. Instagram will delete your account and everything in it, including your photos, likes, comments, and friends, if you delete your account. Follow these steps to save your account information:
- Open Instagram
- Tap the “profile icon” in the lower right corner.
- Tap the top right corner’s “hamburger icon” (3 lines), then “Settings” at the bottom.
- Select “Security,” then “Download Data” from the drop-down menu.
- Tap “Request Download” and enter your “email address.”
How to permanently delete Instagram account
You can then delete your Instagram account after you’ve saved your Instagram data. Users can choose between two options. The first option is to delete your Instagram account and everything associated with it permanently, whereas the second is only a temporary solution.
You can only permanently delete your Instagram account using a browser, which you can do on both mobile and desktop browsers. Instagram makes your profile temporarily invisible for 30 days before it vanishes forever. As a result, if you change your mind, you can reinstate it. Here’s how to delete your Instagram account for good.
- In your browser, go to the unique “Delete Your Instagram Account” page (ensure you’re logged in).
- From the drop-down menu, choose a reason for deletion.
- To confirm your decision, click or tap the “Delete” button.
How to disable/delete an Instagram account temporally
If you only want to take a break from Instagram or don’t want to make an irrational decision, disable rather than delete your account. Disabling your account will log you out and hide your profile. You might as well have deleted the account in the eyes of your followers. This method, on the other hand, allows you to reactivate your profile at any time if it has been temporarily disabled by simply logging in again. To disable your account, follow these steps:
- From any device, go to “Instagram.com” in your browser (you cannot do this from the app).
- Log in to your account.
- In the upper right-hand corner, click or tap the “Profile icon.”
- Click or select “profile“, then click or select “edict profile.”
- Tap or click “Temporarily disable my account” by scrolling down to the right of the “Submit” button.
- You will be questioned about why you’re doing this, choose an option from the list.
- Re-enter your password for your account.
- To complete the process, tap or click “Temporarily Disable Account“.
How to recover your Instagram account after deletion
So, after you’ve permanently deleted your account, there’s no way to get it back. Several users, however, swear by a workaround method, which is detailed below.
- To summarize, you must report your Instagram account as hacked. Here’s how to do so.
- To begin, type in your username or email address and select the “Get help signing in” option on Instagram.
- Select “Trouble Logging in“.
- Choose “My account was hacked” to proceed after following the prompts, which include selecting the type of account you’d like to recover.
- After that, choose ‘hear more about your experience.’
- Fill out the forms, and you’ll receive an email from Instagram within a few hours. For this to work, you’ll need to provide some proof, such as images you’ve uploaded to that account, your username, email address, and verification code.