- 1 Related Posts
- 2 How to clean a burnt pot or Pan in just 3 steps
- 3 How to Archive Amazon Orders in 5 Seconds
- 4 How to Hide Orders on Amazon Using PC/Mac/iOS/Android In 5 Seconds
- 5 How to Close Apps on iPhone 13 in 5 Seconds
- 6 How to Uninstall a Steam Game
- 7 How to Delete Games from the SteamApps Folder
How To Uninstall A Steam Game In Simple Steps. Steam games can be uninstalled directly from your Steam library. Once uninstalled, a Steam game will not be playable until you reinstall it.
Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past few years, you’re probably familiar with Steam. But, for those who don’t know, the Steam platform is a modern-day digital game distribution pioneer, making buying and installing video games easier than it’s ever been. Steam has made it possible for gamers to buy the latest video games and put them in a library on the site for convenient access.
How to Uninstall a Steam Game
Any game you’ve purchased on Steam is relatively simple to remove and reinstall. Even if you uninstall a game from your PC, it will remain in your Steam library in case you want to reinstall it at a later time. Purchased games are permanently linked to your account, so you won’t lose access to them.
It’s almost as simple to uninstall a game on Steam as it is to install one. Uninstalling a game from Steam can be done in a number of different ways. You can do so directly on the platform, through the Add/Remove Programs feature in Windows, or through the Steamapps folder in File Explorer.
These are the simple steps to follow to uninstall a Steam game.
- Open the Steam client and login with your login details.
- In the top navigation menu, click on the library tab.
- In your library, right-click on the game you want to uninstall and click Uninstall from the drop-down menu.
- Prior to deletion, you’ll get a confirmation popup. Steam will ask you whether you want to delete the game entirely.
4. Once you are ready to Uninstall click the uninstall button.
How to Delete Games from the SteamApps Folder
Although the previously mentioned ways are preferable, you can manually delete the game by using File Explorer. This is the most effective way to confirm that the game has been completely uninstalled from your computer. This does not mean the game will be removed from your Steam library, but it will be completely removed from your PC.
- Navigate to your Steam installation folder; the default installation location for Windows 10 is C:Program Files (x86) Steam.
- Locate and open the steamapps folder once you’re in the Steam folder.
- After that, go to the Common folder, where you’ll see a complete list of all the games that are currently installed.
- Locate the game you wish to uninstall, then highlight the folder (left-click it) and press the Delete key on your keyboard.
- You can also delete the folder by right-clicking it and selecting Delete from the menu options.
Your computer will now be free of the game. The newly uninstalled game should still be in the library when you return to the Steam program, but it should be grayed out. You may need to delete all configuration and save files as well to completely remove any trace of the game ever being installed. These files are usually found in the Saved Games folder, Documents folder, or AppData folder.