- 0.1 Related Posts
- 0.2 How to clean a burnt pot or Pan in just 3 steps
- 0.3 How to Archive Amazon Orders in 5 Seconds
- 0.4 How to Hide Orders on Amazon Using PC/Mac/iOS/Android In 5 Seconds
- 0.5 How to Close Apps on iPhone 13 in 5 Seconds
- 1 How to unlink Facebook from Instagram
Linking Instagram and Facebook accounts makes it easy to find Facebook friends and connect with them on Instagram, cross-post, and also helps you post Instagram stories as Facebook stories. Unlink Instagram and Facebook to separate your social profiles if you have privacy concerns or want to reduce your social media activity.
The majority of people use their smartphones or tablets to access social media. Indeed, the Instagram app’s desktop web version is largely obsolete. While most people use Facebook on their mobile devices, some people do use their Mac or PC to access their Facebook pages.
Here’s how to unlink your Instagram account from your Facebook account.
Let’s get one thing out of the way first. Try not to do it through the Facebook app. There isn’t a way to separate your Facebook account from your Instagram page on Facebook.
The only way to separate the two is to use the Instagram app on your phone. You can do it with an iPhone or an Android device, of course. And it works in the same way.
- To access your account, open the Instagram app and tap on your profile picture.
- Tap the icon in the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines).
- Select ‘Settings.’
- Locate ‘Account Center’ and tap on it.
- Select ‘Accounts & Profiles’ from the drop-down menu.
- A list of your accounts will appear on the next page. Choose your Facebook account.
- Tap on ‘Remove from Accounts Center’.
- To confirm, select Yes, Unlink.
With just a few clicks on a web browser, Instagram users can unlink their two accounts. To begin, go to Instagram’s official website. Using the Instagram website, here’s how to unlink your two accounts.
- Log into Instagram and go to the upper right-hand corner of your screen to your profile icon.
- Click on “Settings”
- Scroll down to the lower left and click the blue “Accounts Center” hyperlink.
- Locate your Facebook account and click the right-pointing arrow.
- In the pop-up window, select ‘Remove from Account Center.’ Then double-check.